The testing team assists development teams to identify, execute, maintain and enhance testing tasks. We are internal consultants who help product teams to be more productive by giving them testing tools, processes and frameworks. You will get to know different aspects of the Zalando platform by working with all kinds of different teams.
What we are looking for
- You have an above average degree in IT or related technical field
- You have very good analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to details
- You are a confident user Linux/Unix based systems
- The usual tools of the complete software lifecycle are known to you (e.g. Jira, Jenkins, JUnit, WebDriver)
- You have experience with the latest test tools such as Jenkins, JIRA, Sonar, Testlink, Cucumber, Selenium (Webdriver)
- You have experience with Continuous Delivery and End-to-End Testing
- You have worked with database management systems (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) before
- You will ideally have experience of SOAP web services and REST-API and related technology
- Modern software architecture (Microservices, loose-coupling, asynchronicity) does not scare you
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Your are able to work independently and self organized in an agile environment
- Communicating and documenting in English is an easy task for you
- Enable our software development teams to build world-class software by building advanced testing frameworks and tools
- Be a go-to person on software quality, instruct and consult other software engineers
- Close working relationship with autonomous development teams to consult them on optimizing testing, e.g. by reviewing the test methodologies or test tools
- Develop tests and testing-infrastructure as part of a team of engineers
- You will be responsible for evaluating and developing new technologies and tools based on feedback from other teams
- Co-Work with Test Infrastructure to optimize test environments
What you can expect from us
- One-month mentoring program
- Tech talks, skills-building courses and technical “People Leads” who help you achieve mastery
- Personal branding support: From preparing tech talks and blog posts to professional networking
- Community: hack weeks, movie nights, coder dojos, +70 self-organized tech guilds and more
- Competitive salary
- 40% Zalando shopping discount and commuter discount
- Relocation assistance for internationals
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with micro services, Agile processes and autonomous teams — and using cutting-edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Krista Vanhala at email@example.com.